Our in-house ceramicist Ellis will guide you through the process of making usable and decorative ceramics for your home. See the workshop schedule below for details:
Day 1: Wedging and Throwing
- Learn to cut and wedge the right amount of clay for your project
- Unlimited access to clay lets you experiment with different throwing techniques
Day 2: Trimming and Refining
- Learn the essential skills of trimming the rim and base of your piece
- Begin decorating your piece with carving, stamps, and underglazes
- Choose your favorite three pieces to move onto Day 3
Day 3: Glazing and Decoration
- Choose your colors and dip, brush or stencil your glaze in your own custom style
We’ll contact you after the final firing to pick up your finished pieces!
All workshops are held at our studio at Botanica Home and Garden, 1909 Cable St. in Ocean Beach
Cancellations and Refunds
Any cancellations must be made at least 1 week before the scheduled workshop for a full refund.
Due to the unpredictable nature of the ceramics process, we cannot guarantee the results of the firing. While we’ll do our best to guide you through the making process to get the best results, pieces may crack, break or change color in the kiln, and we cannot offer refunds for those pieces.